Position Overview: The Chief Commercial Officer ("CCO") will be responsible for identifying, launching, and introducing products to meet strategic commercial objectives. The CCO will work in tandem with the Chief Strategy Officer, the CEO and the Chairman of the organization to help define growth avenues for the business and commercializing those opportunities. The CCO will also be responsible for evaluation existing product offerings of the organization to determine appropriate sales and marketing efforts related to accelerating growth in those areas.
Specific Responsibilities: The CCO will be responsible for the following key objectives within the organization:
- Identify a wide variety of market opportunities for the company to acquire including but not limited to early stage companies with product offerings nearing commercialization, new technology related to diagnostic testing, companies with R&D capabilities capable of brining innovative tests to the market, early diagnostics companies and other companies with potential for explosive growth when paired with the Genetworx sales and marketing engine
- Identify trends for growth in the market and help position the company to capture those opportunities
- Work with executive leadership on developing the growth strategy of the organization and executing on it
- Help attract talent to the business to further growth and expansion
- Work with team members on comprehensive market and competitor analyses and utilize such to remain a step ahead of the competition
- Work with R&D team to target new internal tests for development and release
- Work with direct to consumer team to create test menu and go to market plan
- Collaborate with payor strategy team to develop reimbursement strategies around new and existing tests
- Create go to market strategy on a variety of existing and new products
- Collaborate with business development team to target new acquisitions and partnerships
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in the field of diagnostics
- Demonstrated extensive understanding of medical and healthcare industry marketing concepts and trends.
- Understanding of financial concepts.
- Experience with senior members of target client organizations.
- Ability to use market research and sales data to present opportunities to stakeholders; ability to quickly understand what makes commercial sense to pursue.
- An in-depth understanding of the wider market; ability to determine if new, realistic, attainable and profitable opportunities are to be proposed and developed.
- Working knowledge of healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including strong presentation development and delivery skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain support from senior management, marketing, finance and product or service teams; Ability to coordinate with account managers and operations teams whose traditional priorities and focus lie elsewhere.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to successfully collaborate within a team environment. Must be a cooperative team player able to build relationships across complex matrix structures.
- Must be able to learn all about your business services and products; learn about your competition as well to leverage what you’ll need to surpass them; conduct the necessary market analysis needed to identify the company´s current position and what competitive advantage the company has over the similar businesses in the sector
- High competency working with Microsoft Office and CRM software (Salesforce)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Oversees development of strategic objectives for selling the services provided by the company.
- Lead effort to develop new market opportunities, service development, pricing, and sales objectives.
- Provides business development expertise to executive management team.
- Responsible for setting and delivering objectives which are within the divisional strategy & business plans and will steer staff positions towards the achievement of these objectives.
- Ensure the translation of the Sales strategy into business targets, budgets and tangible plans.
- Create and manage a business plan consistent with the overall corporate strategic plan that includes prospecting, promoting and developing key strategies for obtaining quota objectives.
- Expertly present divisional service offerings and persuasively present benefits and value proposition from both a business process and ROI perspective.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape (solutions) and be able to describe company positioning.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.
Travel: Travel to the corporate office in King of Prussia, PA and the laboratory in Glen Allen, VA is expected.