Position Overview: The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, financial reporting and analysis and other special projects as assigned. The position will work under the administrative direction of the finance team and report directly to the Controller.
- Responsible for the day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Partner with supervisor and site leadership in site budget preparation.
- Work closely with site leadership.
- Investigate and report to the manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the sites’ performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Review general ledger coding of AP transactions, expense reports, purchasing card recs, etc. related to sites.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management
- Other special projects as requested.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of the individuals.
Presentation: Effectively deliver content that meets the needs, wants, and levels of participants, and that can be effectively used in everyday business scenarios.
Decision-Making: Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions; takes action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
Achievement Motivation: Sets high standards and objectives.
Imitative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance the products/services or avoids problems.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.