EFFECTIVE DATE: May 27, 2020
INFORMATION GENETWORX MAY OBTAIN
We may collect and catalog personal information, including personally identifiable information (“PII”) and/or protected health information (“PHI”) that you choose to provide us through the website or other points of contact (e.g., when setting up your account to login to the portal via the GENETWORx website), including but not limited to your personal contact information, such as name, e-mail address, phone number, social security number, date of birth and any other personal information you choose to submit to us when setting up your account and/or through your utilization of the website and services.
You grant GENETWORx and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Website the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use any information or materials that you send through the GENETWORx in connection with GENETWORx’s control and maintenance of its Website services. Any information you submit through the Website will be communicated using encryption technology. However, GENETWORx cannot and will not guarantee that: (a) the information, during its transmission, will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties; (b) access to your account and any information or data you submit to GENETWORx will be uninterrupted; or (c) any encryption technology by Website will not be breached. If there is information that you do not want transmitted over online secure communication channels, it is your responsibility to refrain from submitting such information through the Website.
We may, in our sole and reasonable discretion and in accordance with applicable law, disclose any information necessary to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
AUTOMATED COLLECTION OF DATA
A cookie is a text file sent to a computer or device by a website in order to identify a visitor’s browser and store information or settings related to the site within the browser. Web beacons (internet tags, pixel tags or clear GIFs) link web pages to web servers. A web beacon’s cookies are used to transmit collected information back to a web server. GENETWORx and its third-party service affiliates may use beacons in emails to track response rates, monitor email usage, or for any of the other purposes mentioned herein.
Using these technologies to collect your data allows us to do the following: store your information, keeping you from having to constantly re-enter it with every site visit; track and analyze how you interact with our site so we can enhance your viewing experience; tailor the information we serve you to fit your preferences; measure site usability and effectiveness; provide you with relevant ad content; and otherwise manage and improve upon site functionality.
As required by law, we will obtain your consent before placing cookies or other data-collecting technologies on your computer. You can also adjust you web-browser settings to block, monitor and disable cookies.
THIRD-PARTY WEB ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES
GENETWORx may obtain personal information about your ongoing online activities and across third-party websites, devices and other online services. GENETWORx uses the third-party online analytics service, Google Analytics, which uses automated technologies to collect data (email addresses, IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to monitor and evaluate site usage and diagnose technical issues.
To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl+en=GB.
In addition to Google Analytics, GENETWORx may use Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords) Remarketing as a way to advertise to individuals or companies, across the internet, in particular on the Google Display Network.
If you do not wish to receive these ads, you may opt out at any time in any of the following ways:
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
GENETWORx may use the information obtained on the Website for any of the following purposes:
- to personalize your site experience on the Website
- to provide services
- to market services
- to respond to viewer requests and inquiries
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business model (developing new services; enhancing and improving existing services; analyzing services; managing communications; conducting data analytics and market research; accounting; auditing and other internal functions)
- to identify and prevent criminal activity, fraudulent claims and other liabilities
GENETWORx uses the personal information obtained through our Website to comply with applicable legal requirements as well as to carry out our contractual obligations, and also to pursue our legitimate interests, as permitted by law (performing data analytics, operating/evaluating/improving our business and managing our Website).
- With your consent, GENETWORx may also use information obtained in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- Your private information obtained through the Website or through third parties may be combined for any of the purposes described above.
We may also disclose information about you as required by law, court order or subpoena; if requested by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; to establish, defend and/or exercise our legal rights; when disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm, financial loss, or any other type of imminent harm; in connection with an investigation of illegal activity; if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or otherwise with your consent.
Personal information about you obtained through our Website or third parties may be transferred to recipients in countries other than the country in which said information was collected. Data protection laws may vary from country to country. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries, your information will receive the same protection outlined herein.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Where provided by law, you may withdraw previously provided consent or object at any time to the processing of your personal information on legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation. To protect your privacy and maintain security, GENETWORx may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your information. A charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your personal information that we maintain, as permitted by applicable law.
OTHER ONLINE SERVICES AND THIRD-PARTY FEATURES
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
GENETWORx has certain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in place in order to protect the personal information obtained through the Website against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, alteration, access, loss, disclosure or use.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
If the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) applies to your information, we provide these disclosures as further described herein so you can exercise your rights to receive information about our data practices, as well as to request access to and deletion of your information. Pursuant to CCPA requirements, we allow you to review, update and delete your information, as well as export and download a copy of it. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the previous twelve (12) months.
GENETWORx does not sell your personal information. We only share your information as described in this policy. GENETWORx processes your information for the purposes described in this policy, which include business purposes under the CCPA. These purposes include:
- GENETWORx uses and may disclose information as needed and/or as legally required, to detect, prevent and respond to security incidents, and for protecting against other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. For example, to protect our services and website, GENETWORx may receive or disclose information about IP addresses that may be compromised.
- GENETWORx uses information for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used, as well as to fulfill obligations to certain third party service providers and our users. We may disclose non-personally identifiable information publicly and with these partners, including for auditing purposes.
- GENETWORx uses information to ensure that our services and/or Website are working properly, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting bugs and other issues that you report to us.
- GENETWORx uses information to improve our services and to develop new products, features and technologies that benefit our users.
- GENETWORx processes information, including online identifiers and information about your interactions with advertisements, to provide advertising. You can control what information we use to show you ads by visiting your ad settings.
- GENETWORx also uses information as necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, and discloses information in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, including to law enforcement.