The Director’s role is to ensure production meets volume and quality targets in the molecular lab. This ensures that patient’s results are delivered according to their needs and our obligations, and that
The Director’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Manage lab process cadence, optimizing output and meeting growth targets.
- Execute capacity upgrades in accordance with forecast.
- Optimize staff production efficiency.
- Establish clear communication channels from shop floor to management, including production targets, actuals, accountability.
- Establish a culture focused on production excellence, attention to detail, and zero-defects.
- Drive continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, goal of removing 100% of non-value-add activities.
- Develop skillsets and strong leadership focus of supervisors.
- Minimum BS degree in an engineering discipline or biological science preferred.
- Experience managing a multi-step, highly technical production operation and optimizing production flow.
- Formal Six Sigma and/or LEAN training is a plus.
- Experience establishing tiered reporting systems and visual management.
- Development of staff and supervisors. Coaching and mentoring of a broad cross section of skills and personalities.