Position Overview: Mobile Lab Tech Assistant – Molecular – Lake Havasu City, AZ, NYC, Las Vegas, Nevada
The Technical Assistant ensures all laboratory specimens, once received in the department, are properly identified, processed, documented, and distributed appropriately. Consistently utilize excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers at all times. A positive and professional interpersonal style with a strong commitment to the team effort is mandatory.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and practices
- Responsible for the completion of any special projects, process improvements, or new method introduction at the request of the Lab Supervisor
- Be an advocate and an example of team concept
- Understands and observes all confidentiality and HIPPA provisions
- Recognizes and conveys to management any departmental improvements necessary
- Responsible for all equipment in assigned areas of work
- Assist other Technical Assistants with all problems, initiate resolution of errors, document discrepancies and resolve all errors and other problems
- Constantly reviewing current procedures and coordinate changes, with supervisor approval, in order to implement procedures that will facilitate more accurate and timely reporting of patient results
- Ability to perform laboratory mathematics
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted activities
- Ability to look beyond daily functions to implement higher standards through evaluation and education
- Energetically train new employees completing a training checklist
- Assumes other duties as assigned by management
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and interpret patient demographic data and specimen quality reflective to the patient’s diagnosis, clinical status, age, gender, etc
- Evaluate specimen quality ensuring testing standards are met. In the event specimens do not meet specimen standards, generate appropriate discrepancy
- Verifies appropriate tests, prepares specimens for shipment and generates appropriate orders for reference laboratory send outs
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in all aspects of the lead tech job.
- Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor or any other member of management.
- Energetically trains all new employees thoroughly using procedures, policies, and principles pertinent to the area of technical specialty, offering guidance and assistance in a constructive, positive, and professional way.
- Ensures that specimens meet the laboratory established criteria for testing and/or send out to an alternate laboratory
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred or a high school diploma with 1-3 years related experience in the clinical laboratory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected