In this position, you are responsible for data entry of client orders as well as order fulfillment. Updating records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards. Exceptional communication skills, professionalism and work ethic, along with identifying opportunities for departmental improvement are key components of this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform shipping and receiving duties.
Data entry of client order information into GENETWORx online platform. (Accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail)
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of kits destined for our customer base.
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by courier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials to the Department Supervisor for approval.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Required to make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and materials.
- Displays a positive and professional attitude, demonstrates dependability, contributes in a team environment and possess an impeccable work ethic.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions on documents such as; SOP’s, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Active participant in the implementation of departmental programs designed to improve performance.
- Offers recommendations to management for improvement with products, packaging, shipping methods, service, billing methods and procedures.
- Communicates complaints concerning service failures to designated department manager(s) for investigation and follows through on specific incidents if applicable.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills: tactful, mature, flexible and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide exceptional service to clients, sales representatives and interdepartmental staff members.
- Demonstrates resourceful, organized and efficient work habits
- Examines pertinent information to determine accuracy of customer requests and related paperwork.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Understands, supports, and complies with all company policies, processes and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by management
- Understands and observes all confidentiality and HIPAA provisions
- Responsible for all equipment in assigned areas of work
- Must obey all safety rules and regulations at all times.
Education and Experience:
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a customer services position preferred. Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
Experience From one (1) to three (3) years’ experience gained through laboratory/healthcare field. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties will be performed in a sitting position, corresponding on the telephone, performing data entry tasks, solving day to day issues that may arise and backing up the Operations Manager. There will be times when the need will be to go to other departments for meetings and to obtain information. Occasional medium to heavy lifting and packaging kits and other items and/or supplies for shipment may be required.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected